In a very dynamic and growing IT department, the IT Release Technical Project Manager is responsible for the execution and the strategy of IT Release management and for the coordination of internal and external teams.
- Fluent in English, oral and written. Any other language is an advantage;
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent;
- At least 7 years’ experience in Software Development, Software Release and Software Life Cycle Management, Agile Development and DevOps, InfraOps ;
- Experience in Automation, CI\/CD, Release Environments Management, Data Life Cycle through release process \/ GDPR compliancy;
- Experience in Business Service Monitoring, Application Performance Monitoring (Dynatrace, Splunk, etc.), Software Quality Control, Software Testing, Performance Testing, Software Testing Automation and Infrastructure as a Code;
- Experience in ITSM (ie ServiceNow) and eCommerce IT, Customer oriented IT solutions and on-line, real-time business (booking & reservation systems, complex search engines) is a strong plus;
- Ability to outline proposals for the improvement of the software release, multiple software factories and IT Operations unit;
- Experience in management consulting, service delivery and service management is a strong plus;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels, internally and externally ;
- Ability to coordinate a team of internal employees and external providers (+10 people).
- Oversees the software release and software life cycle management, and provides input to the Head of InfraOps as well as to peer direct reports responsible for other aspects of InfraOps;
- Leads and\/or supports the development of the software release and software life cycle management aspects, taking also care of the change management activities;
- Works with business operations teams to ensure good coordination of software release and software life cycle management without impacting business processes;
- Builds and maintains relationships with other IT units to develop a clear understanding of business needs and ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, by responding with agility to changing business priorities;
- Stays updated on new technologies, software release and software life cycle management practices, and provides direction on what emerging software development, release software life cycle management and DevOps technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated and assimilated within the InfraOps team;
- As owner of the process, he\/she proposes corrective actions to improve the process and quality of the outcomes;
- Coaches his Associates and Senior leaders on the scope of the challenge and the assessment of internal political\/cultural\/skills challenges.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Right to work in Italy.Part of the MSC Group, MSC Cruises is the market leader in the Mediterranean, South Africa and South America, and sails year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Its seasonal itineraries cover northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, and the Persian/Arabian Gulf. MSC Cruises was born in the Mediterranean, and draws inspiration from this heritage to create a unique experience for holidaymakers worldwide. As a result of a euro 6.5 billions investment programme launched in 2003, MSC Cruises’ fleet comprises 13 state-of-the-art cruise ships belonging to four different classes: Lirica, Musica, Fantasia and Meraviglia. The fleet’s average age is 7 years, the youngest in the industry. In 2014, MSC Cruises launched a euro 9 billion, 10 year investment plan to support the second phase of its growth through the order of up to 11 next generation mega cruise ships. As a result, MSC Cruises’ fleet will double by 2026, while the passenger capacity will triple to reach five million passengers per year. MSC Cruises is the first cruise company to develop an investment plan of this length and magnitude. MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility for the environments in which it operates, and was the first company ever to earn the Bureau Veritas “7 Golden Pearls” for superior management and environmental stewardship. In 2009, MSC Cruises began an enduring partnership with UNICEF to support various programmes assisting children worldwide.