The IT Project Manager plays a key role in executing the deployment strategy of our main digital transformation project. He\/She will optimize and drive the deployment of the next-generation Property Management System platform on our fleet. Further, the IT Project Manager will coordinate internal and external activities such as business teams and external providers’ activities.
- Fluent in English. Any other language is an advantage;
- Master’s degree in Technology, Business Informatics or Engineering;
- 5+ years of project management experience in leading digital transformation projects in multicounty and multilanguage environments;
- Experience in leading cross-functional project teams with strong organizational skills;
- Experience with both classic and agile project management methods. Certifications such as Scrum Master or similar are an advantage;
- Relevant Experience in leading and managing digital teams;
- Proven track record in migrations projects;
- Solid understanding of Cruise, Travel, or Hospitality core business processes as well as end-to-end processes;
- Problem-solving, highly creative, winning personality with the capability to drive and influence decisions at all levels Experience in integrating and replacing IT systems;
- Ability to work under pressure, cooperatively and to describe complex issues in a comprehensible way as well as to present them to stakeholders.
- Leads the digital transformation project in different areas: technology, data, process, and organizational change;
- Sets the deployment operations and practice following the strategy together with the management and is responsible for achieving the set targets;
- Acts as an interface for cross-functional changes across the organization;
- Accomplishes PM tasks: builds project plans (purpose, scope, time plan), manages the delivery of outcomes, schedule tasks, resource allocation, monitor project progress, stakeholder’s management, project controlling, etc.;
- Coordinates the communication between internal project managers and external partners, mitigating risks and solving conflicts;
- Ensures digital best practices and knowledge sharing among partners to create a stable landscape.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Right to work in Italy.
Part of the MSC Group, MSC Cruises is the market leader in the Mediterranean, South Africa and South America, and sails year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Its seasonal itineraries cover northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, and the Persian/Arabian Gulf. MSC Cruises was born in the Mediterranean, and draws inspiration from this heritage to create a unique experience for holidaymakers worldwide. As a result of a euro 6.5 billions investment programme launched in 2003, MSC Cruises’ fleet comprises 13 state-of-the-art cruise ships belonging to four different classes: Lirica, Musica, Fantasia and Meraviglia. The fleet’s average age is 7 years, the youngest in the industry. In 2014, MSC Cruises launched a euro 9 billion, 10 year investment plan to support the second phase of its growth through the order of up to 11 next generation mega cruise ships. As a result, MSC Cruises’ fleet will double by 2026, while the passenger capacity will triple to reach five million passengers per year. MSC Cruises is the first cruise company to develop an investment plan of this length and magnitude. MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility for the environments in which it operates, and was the first company ever to earn the Bureau Veritas “7 Golden Pearls” for superior management and environmental stewardship. In 2009, MSC Cruises began an enduring partnership with UNICEF to support various programmes assisting children worldwide.