As IT Platforms Technical Project Manager you will support MSC Cruises in designing, implementing, and improving the infrastructure and the platforms that rely on public and private cloud services or on-premise, and make the best use of dev-ops paradigms.
- Fluent in English, oral and written. Any other language is an advantage;
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, engineering or equivalent;
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience on IAAS cloud platforms (Azure or AWS). Public cloud certifications (GCP, AWS, Azure) is a plus;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Kubernetes based products like RedHat OpenShift, MySQL & Kafka\/AMQ, any other data base and event streaming platforms;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on at least 3 of the following stacks: Microsoft, VMWare, Oracle Exadata, MS SQL Server, Dynatrace & Splunk, IBM Power Systems;
- Practical working experience and knowledge of InfraOps, DevOps, Software Development, programming languages and scripting, automation tools Jenkins, Ansible, Git is required ;
- Ability to lead small teams for platform projects (cloud or on-premises);
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Translates business requirements into technical specifications and defines an overall plan;
- Identifies adequate Platform solutions (on cloud or on-premise) to successfully meet the needs of the company \/ business owners;
- Supports and drives the evolution of container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes) for the company;
- Supports and drives Infrastructure-as-Code tools (Terraform, Google Deployment Manager, AWS Cloud Formation) ;
- Manages small contracts \/ budgets;
- Provides an understanding of the IT market and helps the Head of the department and the IT Managers to identify the best solutions available;
- Interacts positively with colleagues in meetings, carries short presentations and workshops.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Right to work in Italy.Part of the MSC Group, MSC Cruises is the market leader in the Mediterranean, South Africa and South America, and sails year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Its seasonal itineraries cover northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, and the Persian/Arabian Gulf. MSC Cruises was born in the Mediterranean, and draws inspiration from this heritage to create a unique experience for holidaymakers worldwide. As a result of a euro 6.5 billions investment programme launched in 2003, MSC Cruises’ fleet comprises 13 state-of-the-art cruise ships belonging to four different classes: Lirica, Musica, Fantasia and Meraviglia. The fleet’s average age is 7 years, the youngest in the industry. In 2014, MSC Cruises launched a euro 9 billion, 10 year investment plan to support the second phase of its growth through the order of up to 11 next generation mega cruise ships. As a result, MSC Cruises’ fleet will double by 2026, while the passenger capacity will triple to reach five million passengers per year. MSC Cruises is the first cruise company to develop an investment plan of this length and magnitude. MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility for the environments in which it operates, and was the first company ever to earn the Bureau Veritas “7 Golden Pearls” for superior management and environmental stewardship. In 2009, MSC Cruises began an enduring partnership with UNICEF to support various programmes assisting children worldwide.